Skip to main content

Thundercats Bandai Line Continued! (Part 5)

(From Yam-mag.com)
Welcome to the final post in this series! Over the past several weeks I've been speculating on what we could have seen had the 2011 Thundercats toyline continued; this week, I'll be covering the 8th and final wave of the line, which would have focused on the final episodes of the TV series. As usual, I'll be listing my guesses for this wave before going on to talk more about each item on the list. So without further ado, the final list of guesses!

Wave 8---Fall 2015
Basic Figures:
-Wilykit v.3
-Final Battle Lion-O
-Final Battle Mumm-Ra 
-Panthera
-Classic Tygra

Deluxe Figures:
-Mutated Pumyra
-Thunderian Royal Guard

Basic Vehicles:
-Mutant Nose Diver with Slithe v.2
Deluxe Vehicles: 
-Thunderstrike with Wilykat v.3 


-Wilykit v.3
In Wave 7, we would have gotten Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, and Panthro in their "10 years older" variants. Kit and Kat would both need to be included in this form at some point so that fans could have an entire set of the core team from the final thirteen episodes.
(From Pinterest.com)
-Final Battle Lion-O
Across the line Bandai gave us several impressive Lion-O variants. The "Final Battle" is just a guess on my part but I do find it likely that we would get a Lion-O variant for the final wave. 

-Final Battle Mumm-ra 
 Same as Lion-O, it seems likely that in the last wave we would gotten some sort of Mumm-Ra variant.

-Panthera
Panthera would be need to be included at some point in the line. Like Wilykit, this is so that fans could complete a set. Alongside Leo, Tygus and the Tiger Flyer, The Armor of Omens and The Armor of Plun-Darr, fans could finally complete their collection of toys from the episode "Legacy".
 
(From Pinterest.com)

-Classic Tygra
Over the past few waves we most likely would have gotten "Classic" variants of the other Thundercats and Mumm-Ra. At this point Tygra would be the Only character needed to complete the set.

-Mutated Pumyra
In the tenth episode of season 2, Pumyra was going to be mutated into a bug-like monstrisity by Mumm-Ra so that she could beat the Thundercats. She was going to be in this form for a few episodes before being killed by Tygra when it became apparent that she was beyond saving, in episode thirteen. With the Berserkers filling up the Deluxe figure spots for the past few waves there hasn't been a chance to put this figure in the line-up until now.

-Thunderian Royal Guard 
When Lion-O came out of the book of omens after ten years, Thundera would have been much more built up than it was when he left. It's easy to picture the Thunderian Royal guards from the original series in 2011 form appearing in the show, and fans have been clamoring for a figure of one of these guys for years. Why not finally give them one?

(From Thundercats-ho.fandom.com)
 -Mutant Nose Diver with Slithe v.2 
Like I've said in previous posts, we don't know what vehicles would have been included in season 2, but some from the original series were going to appear. The Mutant Nose Diver is the final vehicle from the original toy line on the list that hasn't gotten a toy, so thus, it's going here. As for Slithe, in the final episodes of the series he would really have had his time to shine. Continuing the plot line of sympathizing with Slithe, which would have first introduced in the third episode of season 2, an episode where Slithe and Lion-O had to depend on each other to survive would have been in the final half of the second season. Slithe's storyline would have reached a climax when he betrayed Mumm-Ra to give the Thundercats the upper hand in the war. Considering all the screen time he was going to get, it would make sense to give us a "10 years older" variant of Slithe, and being included as a vehicle exclusive figure would work perfectly.

(From Toyarchive.com)
-Thunderstrike with Wilykat v.3 
The Thunderstrike was a vehicle that appeared in the original TV series; a toy version also appeared in a 1987 toy catalog but was never released. The Thunderstrike was quite large, so it would have worked well as a deluxe toy. It also could have been one of the new vehicles which had been created in Lion-O's absence. I put Wilykat with the Thunderstrike instead of as a basic figure so that things wouldn't be so similar to the Wave 6 line-up. Like his sister, Kat would be needed to complete the set of core Thundercats in their "10 years older" variants.

(From Thundercats.fandom.com)

(From Pinterest.com)


Some fans will probably know that the Silverhawks along with Mon-Starr would have appeared near the end of the show. You may be wondering if these characters were going to be included in the line, but sadly, like the Tigersharks, their were no plans to make any figures of these characters due to licensing issues.

There you have it! Over the past several weeks I've done my best to create a realistic picture of what future waves of the Thundercats Bandai line could have held. I hope you've enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thundercats 2011 Bandai line continued! (Part 2)

Welcome back! In this week's Thundercats post I'll be speculating on wave 5 of the Bandai Thundercats 4" toy line. In part 1 I talked about the fourth wave of toys in an article which can be found here and next week will be the third part about wave 6 Following the pattern I talked about in part 1, wave 5 would have mainly been focused on the first few episodes of season 2. Sadly, as most of you already know, the second season was never made😥. However, fans did got some closure from Dan Norton's "Thundercats: the rest of the series" In which he talked about what would have happened in season 2. If you're a fan of the 2011 series, I highly recommend you listen to it. Today I'll be making all speculations off of this podcast so lets pick up where we left off, with wave 5. Wave 5 --- Fall 2013  Basic Figures: - Lion-O v.3 (Season 2 look) - Lynx-O - Evil Pumyra - Berbil pack v.2 - Classic Panthro   Deluxe Figures: - Royal Lion-O - Ratar-O ...

Thundercats LJN Bengali Review

Recently, I was able to get one of the rarest figures in the entire Thundercats line: Bengali. As my favorite Thundercat, I was thrilled to finally get his figure for the cheap price of only 90 euros. Today I'll be reviewing this figure to complete my reviews of the 87 Thundercats. Enjoy! Design:   the figure's sculpt is quite well done. It's nice that LJN gave Bengali his own mold instead of repainting on of the Tygra figures; something that could have likely been had Mattel produced the line (not to knock Mattel). Like most other figures in the line, Bengali has a lever on his back that makes his arm swing up when pushed. Painting: Bengali is one of the most visually appealing Thundercats figures with his many shades of blue and white. Like Pumyra and Lynx-O , LJN payed attention to the detail and color scheme; the three shades of blue alternate nicely.   Price: Bengali could be picked up in stores for $5.99 (about $13.64 in today's money)...

The Seth Kearsley Mummies Alive! Interview

  MB:         To start off, how did you get your job working on Mummies Alive ? S.K:         I had been working in animation for a little bit, but I hadn’t been a director or producer director. I had done freelance as a storyboard artist, but I hadn’t even had a full time in house storyboard position, and when I was working at Disney …I pitched a show to them, and someone said, “Well, you have to get an agent if you’re going to pitch shows.” So now I have an agent, and he asked what I wanted to do and I said, “You know, I’ve always wanted to direct.”   Ever since I was little I remember seeing E.T at the drive in theater and asking my dad, “Why is that so good? Like, why is it so different than everything else?”   And he’s like, “Well, it’s because of the director,” and my uncle was a stage director on Broadway so my dad knew a little bit about what directing actually is.   Seth Kearsley. P...