Skip to main content

Thundercats Bandai 4" Lion-O Review

Welcome to my first of what will hopefully be a long line of reviews! I decided to start out with the 4" Lion-O since I'm currently in the process of publishing my series of posts about what we could've gotten in future waves of Thundercats 2011 figures. When I picked up Lion-O this Sunday, I also bought Tygra, Cheetara and the Thundertank, so reviews of these items will be coming soon, if not next.


 For each of my reviews I'll be judging the figure off of its design, painting and price (The original cost of the figure and not what I payed for it). I will also be including positive and negative aspects in each category. Now let's dive in!

Design: 
I was overall very impressed by the design of this figure. It's a very accurate representation of Lion-O in the 2011 series and is very polished. The figure has several points of articulation and is the kind of toy that you don't feel like it's going to break if a kid is too rough with it, but also looks good in a display.



One thing that I was unhappy about though, was the plastic used in the accessories. Both the long and short forms of the sword of omens were bent when I took them out of the package while the gauntlet was just fine. This was most likely a result of being in the package for almost a decade but the accessories still aren't as high quality as the figure itself.



Painting: 
The paint job may be the best part of the whole figure. All of the lines are filled in and exact. I remember when I was young, buying TMNT figures from the 2012 line. Although the figures were overall very nice, there were almost always parts of the figure where the paint job looked unfinished. With the 2011 Thundercats line, they painted almost every figure perfectly and even included metallic paint.

The only negative thing I have to say about the figure is the eyes. They look strange, and almost seem to be more like stickers than paint, but they aren't that bad.
  
Price: 
The figure retailed for $7.99 when in first came out. It seems like a little much because of the size, but not overpriced when you consider the quality of the figure and the three accessories. If I could buy any of the figures in the package for 8 dollars each now, I'd get as many as I could.

(From Thundercats-ho.fandom.com)
Conclusion:
 Considering everything, I give the figure a 9/10. Like I mentioned, there are a few problems here and there, but overall, it's a great representation of Lion-O that you can tell Bandai put a lot of effort into.


Thanks for reading! In weeks to come, I'll be doing reviews of Tygra, Cheetara, and the Thundertank as well. Also if you're a fan of the 2011 toyline you may enjoy my articles about potential future waves; the first of which can be found here. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thundercats 2011 Bandai line continued! (Part 2)

Welcome back! In this week's Thundercats post I'll be speculating on wave 5 of the Bandai Thundercats 4" toy line. In part 1 I talked about the fourth wave of toys in an article which can be found here and next week will be the third part about wave 6 Following the pattern I talked about in part 1, wave 5 would have mainly been focused on the first few episodes of season 2. Sadly, as most of you already know, the second season was never made😥. However, fans did got some closure from Dan Norton's "Thundercats: the rest of the series" In which he talked about what would have happened in season 2. If you're a fan of the 2011 series, I highly recommend you listen to it. Today I'll be making all speculations off of this podcast so lets pick up where we left off, with wave 5. Wave 5 --- Fall 2013  Basic Figures: - Lion-O v.3 (Season 2 look) - Lynx-O - Evil Pumyra - Berbil pack v.2 - Classic Panthro   Deluxe Figures: - Royal Lion-O - Ratar-O ...

Thundercats LJN Bengali Review

Recently, I was able to get one of the rarest figures in the entire Thundercats line: Bengali. As my favorite Thundercat, I was thrilled to finally get his figure for the cheap price of only 90 euros. Today I'll be reviewing this figure to complete my reviews of the 87 Thundercats. Enjoy! Design:   the figure's sculpt is quite well done. It's nice that LJN gave Bengali his own mold instead of repainting on of the Tygra figures; something that could have likely been had Mattel produced the line (not to knock Mattel). Like most other figures in the line, Bengali has a lever on his back that makes his arm swing up when pushed. Painting: Bengali is one of the most visually appealing Thundercats figures with his many shades of blue and white. Like Pumyra and Lynx-O , LJN payed attention to the detail and color scheme; the three shades of blue alternate nicely.   Price: Bengali could be picked up in stores for $5.99 (about $13.64 in today's money)...

The Seth Kearsley Mummies Alive! Interview

  MB:         To start off, how did you get your job working on Mummies Alive ? S.K:         I had been working in animation for a little bit, but I hadn’t been a director or producer director. I had done freelance as a storyboard artist, but I hadn’t even had a full time in house storyboard position, and when I was working at Disney …I pitched a show to them, and someone said, “Well, you have to get an agent if you’re going to pitch shows.” So now I have an agent, and he asked what I wanted to do and I said, “You know, I’ve always wanted to direct.”   Ever since I was little I remember seeing E.T at the drive in theater and asking my dad, “Why is that so good? Like, why is it so different than everything else?”   And he’s like, “Well, it’s because of the director,” and my uncle was a stage director on Broadway so my dad knew a little bit about what directing actually is.   Seth Kearsley. P...